As a coffee fanatic, I jump at the flavor of anything coffee. From the comfort of my own apartment, I master new recipes for treats including drinks, ice-cream and candies.
Story by Ali Garza
Photos by Thea Robinson
I came across the idea of combining two of my favorite dessert options: coffee and cheesecake. They are enjoyable on their own, but together, they could provide the perfect mixture of refreshing warmth.
For the Oreo Pie Crust
- 25 Oreos
- 5 tablespoon. of unsalted butter melted
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon. milk
- 2 tablespoon. instant coffee
Directions for the Pie Crust:
- Place the Oreos into a large plastic bag and seal it with a little room for air.
- Crush the cookies with a wooden roller until you form fine crumbs.
- Mix crumbs and melted butter in a medium size bowl.
- Flatten crust into pie plate, on the bottom and up the edges, and set it to chill in the fridge.
Directions for Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and mix until blended.
- Microwave milk in small microwaveable bowl on high for 15 seconds. Add instant coffee and stir until dissolved. Add milk and coffee mixture to batter and mix well. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely and place it in the refrigerator to chill overnight.