Want to make fun halloween treats from the comfort of your dorm? Check out these quick and easy no-bake sweet eats. Whether you’re throwing a party, hosting an intimate gathering, or just hanging out on your own, these treats are sure to satisfy — without the mess.
Story by Collyn Burke
Illustration by Alex Guillen
Chow Mein Monsters
12 oz. package of milk chocolate chips
12 oz. package of chow mein
12 oz. package of white chocolate chips
1. Place the milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat them up for one minute, or until completely melted.
2. Mix in all of the chow mein into the melted chocolate until the chow mein is covered in chocolate.
3. Shape the chocolate covered chow mein into balls and place them on the sheet of parchment paper.
4. In another bowl, melt the white chocolate for about one minute or until completely melted.
5. Place the melted white chocolate in the piping bag and carefully pipe out two eyes and a mouth on your monsters.
6. Place the monsters in the freezer until firm.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffle Mummies
1½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
⅓ graham cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 oz. softened cream cheese
12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
Red food coloring
1. In bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until smooth.
2. Melt ½ cup of the white chocolate chips and mix into the crumb mixture until smooth.
3. Cover mixer and freeze until firm (about 30 minutes).
4. Roll mixture into 12-14 balls and place on parchment paper.
5. Place a toothpick in each truffle ball.
6. Melt the remaining white chocolate.
7. Dip the truffle balls in the chocolate until completely covered.
8. Place the truffle balls back in the freezer for another 3-5 minutes until chocolate is firm.
9. Drizzle chocolate over truffle balls.
10. Soak cotton swab in red food coloring and dab onto the truffle balls to make your mummy eyes.
20 chocolate ice cream cones
20 chocolate chip cookies (at least 2 inches in diameter)
1 family size bag of M&Ms
16 oz. can of chocolate frosting
1 can sprinkles
1. Place 3-5 M&Ms inside the ice cream cone .
2. Fill the piping bag with chocolate frosting.
3. Pipe a line of icing around the opening of the ice cream cone.
4. Press a cookie against the icing to seal the cone shut
5. Pipe another line of icing around the edge of the ice cream cone base.
6. Decorate the icing with sprinkles.
1 package of Double-stuf Oreos
1 package M&Ms
1 package mini pretzel sticks
16 oz. can white frosting
1. Place four mini pretzel sticks on either side of the double stuff oreos for your spiders legs.
2. Put a dot of frosting on the back of two M&Ms.
3. Press the M&Ms frosting-side down on the Oreos for your spider eyes.
5 granny smith apples
10 oz. bag of almond slices
16 oz. can white frosting
12 oz. package mini chocolate chips
1. Quarter the apples.
2. Cut the middle out of each of the quartered apples to form the mouth.
3. Cover the hole with peanut butter.
4. Cute the almond slices in half long ways.
5. Push in 4 almond slices halves on the top and bottom lips of the apple mouth for your zombies teeth.
6. Thinly slice the strawberries.
7. Place a strawberry slice in the middle of the mouth for your zombie tongue.
8. Fill the piping bag with the white frosting.
9. Pipe two white circles on the top of the apple for eyes.
10. Place a mini chocolate chip in the middle of each circle.