By Reina Olivas Move over skinny jeans, there’s a new cowboy in town — boyfriend jeans.
And just in case you were wondering, no, they’re not your actual boyfriend’s jeans. Boyfriend jeans, which mimic the crotch design for male jeans, have become a part of this season’s “must haves,” joining the white V-neck tee and a pair of white Chucks.
Celebrities, including Gwen Stafani, Rihanna, Jessica Alba and Selena Gomez, have embraced this new style. You can dress them up with a cute, satin top and a pair of heels for a night out to dinner, or dress them down with a slouchy tee and a pair of tennis shoes for a day of classes. Boyfriend jeans’ versatility is their greatest asset.
In honor of buying my first pair of the androgynous trend a couple of weeks ago I came up with five different ways to style this comfy denim:
1. Dress up your jeans with a button up, a pair of pumps and a vibrant clutch for a dinner date or a concert.
2. Style your jeans with a slouchy tee, a fedora, and a pair of flats for a comfortable everyday outfit.
3. For warmer weather, wear your jeans with a solid or patterned tank, matching sandals, and a cute oversized bag.
4. If you want to bring the Chucks out, pair them with a white or black V-neck. Add a bold lipstick to give your outfit a pop!
5. Create a chic and casual look by pairing your jeans with wedges and, depending on the occasion, either an oversized sweater or a cute peplum top, along with a statement necklace.
Show us how you style your boyfriend jeans on Instagram! Tag @orangemag_style in a post, and we’ll let you know what we think.