In a city full of delicious food, sometimes a salad isn’t everyone’s first choice.
Story by Regina Sampayo
Photos by Sung J Lee
Dear salad lovers, this dressing recipe is going to rock your world. The big problem with salads nowadays is the dressing people limit themselves to. Do not be afraid to get down and dirty in the kitchen and whip out a recipe.
This dressing was created by my mother, who was tired of having the usual ranch or vinaigrette that actually takes out the flavor of the salad instead of bringing flavor to it. If you do not like salads, there is a chance you might change your mind after trying this one. If you already like them, then you might just have to adopt this recipe.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Avocado (as much as you like)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Onion (as much as you like)
- 4 lemons
- ½ tomato
- Parmesan cheese (as much as you like)
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 tbsp. knorr suiza in granulated
- Squeeze the four lemons in a ziplock or tupperware and slice onions, leaving them in the lemon juice for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Take out the lemon juice with the onions inside and add the aforementioned amounts of oil, knorr suiza, balsamic vinegar and mustard, then mix it all up.
- Add some slices of tomato, cucumber and avocado and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the dressing to your lettuce and sprinkle some parmesan of your choice.
- Bon appétit!